Indoor Composting: Using Worms to Create the Richest Soil
So fun and easy!
25 Facts About Me on My 25th Birthday
As I am about to turn 25, I thought I’d share 25 (mostly odd) things about me:
- My favorite color is turquoise.
- My favorite animal since high school has been sloths, because I wanted to be as obscure as possible. Now the internet has made them everyone’s favorite animal. Does that make me a hipster?
- I am very bothered by the word p**p.
- I am a germaphobe when it comes to door handles and go out of my way not to touch them, no matter how difficult a task. This includes using my sleeve or the bottom of my shirt to cover door knobs or if it’s a bar handle, I stick my hand through and pull using my wrist.
- I’m an emetophobe, meaning I have a serious fear of vomiting. So much so that I am very anxious about using public restrooms, going on boats, airplanes, car rides with multiple people, and theme parks/fairs. It’s also a rare occasion that I have more than one alcoholic drink and I leave parties early, as not to witness the aftermath.
- I’m terrified of getting shots or getting my blood drawn, but not because I have a fear of needles. I have 4 piercings.
- I can easily figure out how old I was when recalling certain occasions based on who I was dating and what color my hair was at the time. Both changed yearly from high school - college. If anything took place before I was 14, then I say I was 12.
- Until the age of 8, or maybe 12, I would formally introduce myself to everyone as Heather Baby. I didn’t want to grow up.
- Due to genetics, cilantro tastes like soap to me. It makes living in Southern California difficult.
- I listen to the Beach boys every time I drive down PCH.
- It’s June and I still have Christmas decorations out.
- I was an avid Pokémon master. I have the Blue, Gold, Yellow, Crystal, and Pokémon Pinball gameboy games. I also used to have Pokémon Snap, and Pokémon I & II for N64. If I were in a battle while on a plane as it was about to land I would pause the game without turning it off and hope I didn’t cause the plane to crash. But it was worth chancing it to beat the Elite 4.
- Swimming is the best. I would spend all day in the water if possible.
- I want to live in a trailer with a built in editing station. That way I can take my work on the road and live all over! First stop, Moab.
- I don’t often read just for fun. I read to learn. The two books I’m on right now are “Good to Great,” which is a business book, and “Living Green,” which is about sustainability.
- I wanted to be a marine biologist or environmentalist, but I never did well in science. Instead I became a documentarian, so I can interview marine biologists and environmentalists.
- I go to Starbucks every day. Right now I order an iced coffee with one pump of mocha and half & half. Thanks for the recommendation, Janelle!
- I didn’t get my drivers license or go on my first camping trip until I was 18.
- One of my favorite moments of my life thus far was doing a Christopher Walken impression and talking to Jay Rudin about Disneyland during my interview for my first internship.
- I met Mikael on the first day of film school. He introduced himself by saying he liked my Indiana Jones t-shirt. Hence the reason we named our dog Indiana.
- I used to be really into Bay Area rap and was referred to as an Uh-Oh Oreo.
- I love climbing. Probably due to my height deficiency.
- I don’t have the patience for movies over 75 minutes (unless it’s Titanic), which is why I love Disney movies and comedy shows. It’s also why I like editing trailers and promos.
- 24 is my favorite number.
- I’ve been to 12 countries and 20 states and can’t wait to visit more!!!
Thanks for being so golden, year 24. It’s going to be a tough one to beat!
Follow us for behind the scenes sneak peaks on our upcoming environmental series, @urban_treehouse!!
Things I’ve learned from my pup.
(Source: f-a-s-c-i-n-a-c-a-o, via hippie-potamous)
Best Friends ~ By Guillermo Carballa
Off road adventuring in Red Rock Canyon State Park
This will be me in a few months!
(Source: messyraindropsx, via thethirdfox)